Monday, November 29, 2010

Kimchi, the Most Famous Food in Korea


I am doing a part-time job in a restaurant. The master of the restaurant is making the kimchi these days. She told me some information about Kimchi.
There are about 190 kinds of kimchi in Korea. Each province has a different kind. Some of the names used long ago for the original types of kimchi are chimchae, chinjanga, and chimjang.
Also, there are different kinds for each season. For example, in spring watery kimchi which korean call mool kimchi. In summer, young radish kimchi which we call chong kak kimchi and cucumber kimchi is common.
Whole cabbage kimchi called tong kimchi and radish kimchi called altari kimchi are common in autumn and winter.
The original kimchi was just made of cabbage and salty water, but today it includes many kinds of ingredients such as red pepper powder, salt, sugar, pickld fish juice, seasonings and seaweed.
I like Korean kimchi, and I think kimchi soup is really delicious.

7 comments:

  1. You’re right!! There are many famous vegetables like Kimch in korea. So, I think Eating kimch is good choice for people who want to live longer than others. You know, the best-known Korean vegetable dish is Kimchi. Especially, winter is Kim-chi making season in South Korea. These days, I always enjoy eating rice with kimchi. I think Kimchi is one of my favorite foods and really aids in digestion. To me, it doesn’t feel right somehow if there’s no kimchi when I eat rice. I’m very proud of Kim chi. any way, while you live in korea, How much kimch have you tried Kimchi before? If you want to have well healthy, I recommend you to eat them more often from now on!!! Let’s eat lots of Kim chi and stay healthy!! ~♥♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I heard a lot about Korean foods are good for health, and kimchi is one of these healthy food. I have never tried kimchi before I came to Korea, but when I tried it first time, I liked it, and I like to eat it with oyster.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yap~!!With kimchi being such a Korean staple, there is even a Kimchi Expo~!! I think that the best-known Korean vegetable dish is Kimchi~!! First of all we’ll never lose our dominance over kimchi~!! hehehe I really like my mother kmichi~!! hehehe :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um yeah, Kimchi is the most representative Korean food. And so many different kind of Kimchi in Korea. It feels as if something's missing when there is no kimchi at a meal. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow~~your picture make me very hungry,and i remember something. when i came Korea i have aet Kimchi ,at that time ,i really dislike that taste,because i couldn't eat Korean Kimchi in China ,KK~~but now ,i like it so much.I saw the master of the restaurant who maked something the day before yesterday,so much water in bucket and cabbages,i thought it was that the master of the restaurant who washed some cabbages.kk~~you should learn how to make Kimchi then teaching me ~~~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, so now you can make Kim chi? well.. I didn’t know how to make seasonings in Kim chi It looks too complicated to know the way.. ha-ha my mom is really good at making Kim chi I want to know how to make delicious Kim chi haha a ha~ I like Young radish Kim chi by them :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kimchi is very famous in korea , eventhough in China, based on you story I understand there are different kinds of kimchi, first I came to korea ,I did't like ,but now ,I am very like to eat kimchi, it's really have a good taste.

    ReplyDelete